Green Mango Curry
This green mango curry offers solace to combat the ebulience of Nature.
Mango is considered to be the “King of fruits”.
This is one of the delicious tropical seasonal fruits of India. Season usually begins in the month of May.
This has many health benefits.
- Excellent source of vitamin A.
- A rich source of Potassium, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin C and E.
This super fruit is not only nutritionally rich, has unique fragrance and flavor.
When sun shines very hot, this sweet ripe fruit offer solace to mind and body.
The unripe mangos are sour in taste. The raw mangos are equally beneficial to health
There are several ways to eat ripe mangos.
Here is a simple recipe for green mangos other than pickle, chutney or a sweetened drink (sherbet).
· 2 medium size mangos to be cut into small pieces.
· (dry) Grind 1 tsp mustard seeds,
· To this add ¾ cup grated coconut, ¾ portions of cut mangos, 3 or 4 green chillies, and grind again.
· Add salt and turmeric powder,
· Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, dry red chilies and a few curry leaves.
· When mustard seeds splutter, add remaining (1/4 portion) mango pieces, sauté for a while.
· Now pour mixture of mango and coconut. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
Green mango preparation will give solace to the ebullience of the nature.
This can be considered as a side dish or chutney. Choice is yours.