Grilled Greek Potato Salad
Prep: 30 min. Grill: 20 min.
Yield: 16 Servings.
Mozzarella (Photo credit: WordRidden)
Mozzarella & vegetables (Photo credit: nebulux76)
30 20 50 Ingredients
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup halved Greek olives
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Drizzle potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Grill potatoes, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve salad warm or cold. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts 3/4 cup equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Fresh Mozzarella Facts
Compared to the more firm texture of most commercially produced mozzarella, fresh mozzarella is soft and moist. The flavor is mild, delicate and somewhat milky. Fresh mozzarella is usually shaped into balls and stored in brine. After buying fresh mozzarella, it should be refrigerated in the brine and eaten within a few days.