Vegetables are some of the healthiest things on planet! People should eat them at one meal a day. They can help prevent cancer, they’re rich in vitamins, and improve your eyesight!
Vegetables are a must-have food source for everyone! They are amazing little things, much more complex than most people think – full of many nutrients that help your health!
Here are what I believe to be the top five vegetables:
1. Tomatoes: Although it is actually a fruit, most still consider it a vegetable. It is packed with vitamin C. Most common ways of eating it are either raw, in soup, sauce, or in a salad.
2. Carrots: Carrots improve your eyesight, rich in vitamins B, C, and K, and can even help prevent cancer! Most common ways of eating it are either raw as babies or cut up and put in salads or soups.
3. Beans and peas: These delicious little things pack way more protein than any other vegetable, plus they can be eaten in many ways: Peas can be eaten raw, Beans can be cooked and canned, and many other ways to prepare them!
4. Leafy Greens - Lettuce, certain Herbs, Spinache, etc.: These are high in vitamins B, C, E, and K, Calcium, Potassium, and Iron. These are most commonly eaten steamed or put in soups.
5. Cruciferous Vegetables - Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, and Brussel Sprouts: These have vitamins C and K, Iron, Potassium, Calcium, can help prevent cancer and even aging. These are most often eaten raw, in some soups, or steamed.
These are only a few of the millions of nutrition-filled vegetables! They are healthy, delicous, and can be prepared in so many ways!