Healthy Food Tomato Curry
A quick recipe for a healthy curry.
Tomato Curry. This is quick to cook curry. This vegetable is a single man’s best friend. Very little cooking skill is required and the dish has the sour taste of tomatoes and is as spicy as you prefer.
What you will need:
1. Tomatoes – 4, cubed.
2. Green Chilli – 2, finely chopped. Finer the chopping more spicy the curry.
3. Garlic – 2 cloves finely chopped.
4. Ginger – 1 table spoon finely chopped.
5. Onions – 2, large, finely chopped.
6. Coriander leaves – 10 stems. Chopped.
7. Curry leaves – 5.
8. Turmeric – a pinch.
9. Curry masala – 1 table spoon. (Optional)
10. Light vegetable oil – 2 table spoons.
11. Salt: To your taste.
Heat a pan with the oil in it. Put tomatoes, green chilli and curry leaves in it and stir fry on low fire. Cover and keep for 2 minutes and stir again. Repeat this till tomato softens and oil leaves the mixture. Put the onions in and stir fry again. As the onions are half done, add turmeric powder and salt. Stir well. After a couple of minutes add ginger and garlic and stir for about a minute. Now put in a little water and bring the curry to boil. Add curry masala. Remove the pan from fire and let it cool. Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve.
Goes well with Rice and Indian bread, Roti.
Remember, Healthy eating is happy living.