How to Make Date Cup
published by K.Reshma on Sep 25, 2009
This is a recipe made from seedless dates, specially prepared in India in festivals.
Image via Wikipedia
- Seedless dates – 2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbl.sp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Khoya – 100 gms
- Powdered pistachios – 2 tsp
- Roasted peanut powder – 2 tbl.sp
- Roasted sesame powder – 2 tbl.sp
- Mash dates in a blender to make a paste.
- Take a deep frying pan, add ghee to it and then add mashed dates and sauté on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Add roasted peanut powder and roasted sesame powder and keep on mixing it continuously for 2 to 3 minutes and remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Take another pan, add khoya and sugar and sauté it on a slow flame till it thickens and then add pistachio, remove from flame and allow it to cool. When cool, when small balls of it.
- Make small flat round balls with the dates mixture, press it slightly in the centre and fill it with khoya balls.