How to Make Peachy Pear Jam
In the Midwest, many different fruit are in season, such as peaches and pears. If you are lucky, you have a friend or neighbor that has peaches and pears to give away just for the picking. Here is a recipe for some Peachy Pear Jam that sounds good.
Starking Delicious Pears
Things you will need:
- 3 1/2 Cups mashed peaches and pears
- 6 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 bottle of liquid fruit pectin/1 pouch powder= 1/2 bottle of Certo
- Canning jars and lids
- Mix all ingredients, except pectin.
- Place over high heat and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in pectin. Skim. Stir and skim for 5 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars; seal.
- Makes 4 pints
Tips & Warnings
- Before sealing make sure and wipe tops of your jars with wet rag. This will help insure it seals.