This is a delicious manicotti recipe. It is a meal by itself.
Manicotti is delicious stuffed pasta. This recipe was adapted from a recipe that Marilyn Entin submitted to The Best Cooks Live in Stanislaus County California that came out in the 1970’s.
- 2 8 08nce packages of Manicotti noodles
- 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 10 ounce packages of frozen chopped spinach. (Defrost spinach and squeeze out the moisture and chop finer
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs that are slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of crumbled basil
- 1 teaspoon of slat
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 6 cups of tomato sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti as directed on package. Lift them out of the pot with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of cold water. Let them sit.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter. Add spinach and heat until moisture is absorbed. Put the spinach in a large bowl.
- Brown the ground beef and break it up. Add to the spinach mixture with the bread crumbs, ½ cup of parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, salt, pepper and oregano. Blend well.
- Drain manicotti one at a time. Fill each one with the meat mixture. Pour some of the tomato sauce into a shallow baking dish. Lay manicotti side by side in sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until heated.