Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
published by Mom the Muse on Jul 19, 2012
My husband’s favorite soda is now combined with his favorite dessert!
- You will need 2 large apples (I prefer Granny Smith or another tart variety)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ™
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.