published by Delilah on Nov 16, 2011
Want to serve something fancy, without having to search all over town for hard-to-find ingredients? I’ve got the perfect party-pleaser that’s sure to drive your gang nuts!
- 16 large mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Coat a microwave-safe 9″ x 13″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the mushroom stems from the caps, shop finely, and place in microwave-safe medium-sized bowl. Add the onion, pistachio, and butter; mix well. Microwave at 80% power for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the mushroom, stuff each mushroom cap, pressing down and firmly mounding the stuffing; place in the baking dish.
- Microwave at 80% power for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are heated through and tender.