Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet Potato Salad Recipe.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large celery stalks chopped (about 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 small green onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coursely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped chives for garnish (optional)
Prick the sweet potatoes in several places with a fork. Microwave them on high about 8 minutes or until tender, turning over midway through cooking. Cool the potatoes until easy to handle. Peel off the skin and cut into 3/4-inch chunks.
In a large bowl mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper until blended.
Add the sweet potato chunks, celery, red bell pepper, pineapple, pecans and green onions to the mayonnaise mixture. Toss gently until evenly coated. Sprinkle with the chopped chives.