Zippy Zucchini Pasta
Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
Yield: three Servings.
Pasta (Photo credit: Sean MacEntee)
Zucchini-BlackBeauty-LargeFruit-8185 (Photo credit: graibeard)
15 15 Ingredients
- 1 package (7 ounces) angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and garlic in oil until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and pepper flakes; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with zucchini mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts 1 cup equals 412 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
I store all my pastas in canning jars rather than the opened boxes. The pasta stays fresher, and the jars stack nicely, too, conserving pantry space. When I’m preparing my grocery list, I can see what I need at a glance. —Laurie S., Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.