How to Make Peanut Toffee
published by K.Reshma on Sep 25, 2009
This is a sweet dish and made from roasted peanuts and khoya (thick form of milk powder).
Image by stu_spivack via Flickr
Image via Wikipedia
- Roasted peanut powder – 2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbl.sp
- Additional sugar – ¾ th cup
- Khoya – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Saffron – a pinch
- Grated coconut – 2 tbl.sp
- Cashew nut powder – 2 tbl.sp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – ¾ cup
- Add ¾ cup water into ¾ cup sugar and heat it till it dissolves completely. Now add roasted peanut powder, grated coconut powder and cashew nut powder, mix it will and allow it to cool.
- Take another pan, add khoya, sugar, pinch of saffron and sauté it on a slow flame till the mixture thickens and leaves the side of the pan. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Now make small flat round balls from the peanut mixture and stuff it with khoya mixture and cover decorate it by wrapping in white gelatine paper.