Chocolate Ice Cream Pudding
Such a sumptuous recipe should really be banned!
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup mixed fruit peel
¼ cup glace cherries, chopped
½ cup whipping cream
½ cup sultanas
½ cup currants
½ cup raisins
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 litre (just over 2 pints) container of chocolate ice cream. Allow it to soften before use.
1. Combine fruit with fruit juice and spices. Cover, and allow to stand overnight.
2. Next day, mix together soaked fruits, almonds, cream
and ice cream.
3. Pour mixture into a large mould and cover with foil.
4. Freeze for at least one week to allow flavor to develop.
5. Remove pudding from the mould by quickly dipping the mould into hot water, and inverting onto a serving plate.