Easiest Green Tea Ice-cream Recipe
I was at a restaurant today and it served green tea ice-cream for dessert. My daughter was happily gobbling it down and asking for seconds a few moments later. It tasted like any ordinary vanilla ice-cream but with a strong green tea scent. So I went scouring for the easiest green tea ice-cream, in case my daughter asks for some.
Image via Wikipedia
The easiest green tea ice-cream only require two ingrediensts. Vanilla ice-cream and matcha powder or green tea powder. Mix the two and you’ve got yourself a Japanese dessert in minutes. Make sure you refreeze the ice-cream before serving to your guests.
There is also another simple green tea ice-cream recipe that I found. I have since made some modifications to simplify the process.
2 egg yolks
5 tbsp of sugar
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup of cream
1 tbsp of matcha powder or green tea powder
3 tbsp of hot water
1) Mix the matcha powder and the hot water together and set aside.
2) Whisk two egg yolks, then mix sugar and milk in a pan.
3) Put the pan on low heat and stir the mixture continuously.
4) Once the mixture has thickened, remove the pan and soak its bottom in ice water to cool the mixture.
5) Add the matcha paste in the mixture and blend well.
6) Add whipped cream and mix gently.
7) Pour the entire mixture into a container and freeze it.
Serves: 4-6 people
I find both green tea ice-cream recipes to be two of the easiest recipes to prepare. Try it!
Other Dessert Recipes