Try this quick and easy recipe that uses the microwave to make yummy toffee.
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
¼ cup water
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup finely chopped pecans
1. Sprinkle pecans in a 9 inch circle on a greased cookie sheet, set aside.
2. Coat the top 2 inches of a 2 ½ quart glass bowl with butter; place remaining butter in bowl.
3. Add sugar, salt, and water, but do not stir.
4. Microwave on high for 11 minutes. Mixture should turn light brown.
5. Pour mixture over pecans.
6. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
7. As chips begin to melt, spread it evenly over the sugar mixture.
8. Sprinkle with pecans.
9. Cover and chill until firm.
10. Break into bite size toffee pieces.