10 Easy Steps to Baking Savory Muffins
This is the 10 step guide to baking savory muffins. Makes enough for 6, I’ve tried it myself, they’re great.
Ok then, this is 11 easy steps to making delicious savoury muffins. I can’t stress how easy it is to make and the stunning results you get from it. This recipe will be able to make 6 reasonable sized muffins.
- 140g of Plain Flour,
- ½ a level tablespoon of baking powder,
- 40g of Cheddar Cheese,
- 1 tbsp of Sunflower Seeds or Chopped nuts, (Optional)
- A pinch of salt,
- 1 Medium Egg,
- 110 ml of milk,
- 55g of margarine,
- ¼ tea spoon of Paprika,
- Muffin Cases, (6)
- Muffin Tins
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius,
- Put Paper Cases in the Muffin tins,
- Melt the margarine and leave to cool,
- Sieve your flour, paprika, backing powder and salt into a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl mix together your eggs, milk, and the melted margarine,
- Fold the flour mixture into the liquid mixture and mix Gently to make a lumpy batter,
- Stir in your cheese and nuts/seeds,
Don’t worry if it looks strange as this is actually normal.
- Divide it up into 6 muffin cases
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the muffins go golden brown
Don’t let your muffins burn; this will make them taste not so good
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool
There you have it, Tasty savory muffins. If you don’t like the savoury option then you can choose to have chocolate instead, just change the cheese into something like chocolate chips; miss out the nuts and the paprika. Then you can have chocolate muffins. It’s so simple, why don’t you try it for yourself!