Delicious Homemade Cake Donuts
These homemade cake donuts are easy to make and taste oh-so-good. Donuts can be served plain or glazed and topped with sprinkles.
Homemade donuts are a special treat and making donuts isn’t all that difficult–you just need a reliable recipe and the right donut cutter.
This is an easy-to-make donut recipe. Simply mix the ingredients in the order given:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 cups flour
Homemade Donuts: Method
Once your donut ingredients are mixed, you have the option of using either a donut maker (gun), which punches out your donuts, or you can use a simple donut cutter. Roll dough out on a floured counter and cut out the desired number of donuts. Fat should be at medium heat. Test temperature of fat by frying one donut first. Make a slit and check inside the donut to test for doneness. Fry your homemade donuts and cook until they are a golden brown.
Cake donuts can be eaten plain or iced with glaze icing.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- ¼ cup milk
Bring to a boil and boil 2-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla.
- You can sprinkle on toasted coconut, chopped nuts, or colored sprinkles
Homemade Donuts are good at any time. Cake donuts are especially nice served with tea or coffee.
- How to Make Lavender Tea–Delicately flavored tea
- Giant Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cheese Biscuits–Fail-proof recipe for scrumptious biscuits
- Applesauce Cake–A rich, moist cake you’ll make again and again.
- Cheese Souffle–Melt-in-your-mouth souffle for a vegetarian lunch
- How to Make Perfectly Shaped Bread Buns–A trick to shape buns