Peanut Butter Bars
This is a microwave recipe. Children can make these on their own. Fast, simple treat, cheap too!
¼ cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup flour
¼ cup rolled oats
- Beat smooth peanut butter, brown sugar and softened butter.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift in flour and baking soda.
- Add rolled oats and mix well.
- Spread mixture into an 18 x 22cm glass dish
- Cook elevated on high (100%) for 3-5 mins.
- Allow to cool before spreading with topping.
¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
100g cooking chocolate
Extra chopped nuts (optional)
- Place crunchy peanut butter and chocolate in glass bowl
- Cook on medium (70%) for 2-3 mins until melted
- Mix well and spread on base, allow to set before cutting into squares/oblongs.