Orange Cream Pie
New uses for orange curd. Great recipe for Holiday Tea Parties.
Curd is a blend of citrus such as lemons or orange with butter, sugar and eggs. The mixture produces a velvety smooth spread for scones and soda bread. The Curd was invented by the English in the 19th century and is used worldwide for traditional English teas. However, curd is wonderful when mixed to create other scrumptious desserts such as this Orange Cream Curd Pie.
1 jar of orange curd
1 can of evaporated milk
1 tsp. clear gelatin
1 graham cracker pie crust
½ pint whipping cream
1. In a mixing bowl, add the evaporated milk to the orange curd. Mix well until a smooth and velvety.
2. Put the gelatin in a small container, and pour two tbsp. hot water over. Mix the gelatin until it is fully dissolved.
3. Allow the gelatin to warm to room temperature. If the gelatin becomes too cold, it will not combine well with the curd. In which case, place the cold gelatin in the microwave for a few seconds. Add the dissolved gelatin into the blended curd mixture.
4. Pour the entire mixture into the graham cracker crust. Place pie in the refrigerator and leave to set overnight.
5. Beat cream until thick with peaks. Piped or spread whipped cream on the pie.