Candida Diet_”a Safe Chocolate Recipe”
As many people now have multiple food allergies and candida overgrowth it’s sometimes hard to find that certain something that takes care of that sweet tooth. I have shared this recipe for all that love chocolate but can’t have the sugar.
As all of those who ever had to be on the candida diet knows just how hard it can be to not eat the occasional bar of chocolate. This recipe for dark chocolate is truly wonderful and is sugar free. Its made with agave nectar or honey, which according to the naturopathic doctor, agave nectar is safe to eat on the candida diet and many even get away with eating some honey. It tastes fine either way. I hope all that tries this will enjoy it as much as I do. Even my husband enjoys this and he can have the real deal!
1 Tbsp oil (any kind tastes fine)
1/8 tsp vitamin C powder (can use lemon juice)
3 Tbsp agave nectar or honey (buckwheat honey is also good)
2 blocks (approximately 28 grams) unsweetened baking chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol free)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Almonds or unsweetened coconut (optional)
1. Line a small plate or dish with wax paper or spray with non-stick spray.
2. Combine oil, vitamin C powder, cinnamon, agave nectar, baking chocolate and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Melt together (do not boil).
3. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth.
4. Spread mixture on prepared plate. Top the chocolate with almonds or coconuts (optional).
5. Score the surface lightly (for easier cutting). Refrigerate.