Chilli Cuttlefish Sotong Pedas.chilli Paste
Chilli Cuttlefish.Chilli Paste.
Image via Wikipedia
5 (500g) Cuttlefish, 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil, 3 medium (450g) onions sliced,1 teaspoon sugar, 2 teaspoons lime juice.
Chilli Paste: 10 small fresh red chillies,seeded,chopped, 1 teaspoon belacan.
(1) To prepare cuttlefish hold in 1 hand with tentacles facing towards you, cut along 1 side of “bone” to top of cuttlefish, open out and remove “bone” gently pull head and tentacles from body. If ink sac is broken rinze under cold water.
(2) Firmly pull skin away first dipping fingertips into cooking salt .This will help you grip the cuttlefish well. Cut cuttlefish in half lengthways score shallow diagoneal slashes in criss-cross patten on inside surface of halves.
(3) Heat half the oil in pan add cuttlefish in batches cook stirring for about 3 minutes or until tender remove from pan.
(4) Add remaining oil to same pan add onions cook stirring until soft,stir in chilli paste,cook stirring for 1 minutes stir in sugar and juice cook stirring for 1 minutes return cuttlefish to oion mixture in pan cook stirring until heated through.
(5) Chilli Paste: Pound chilli and belacan using a mortar and pestle. This recipe should serves 4 people and recipe best be made before serving.
Freeze: Not suitable, Microwave: not suitable.
I hope Everyone like this recipe and let me know what you think of it.
George T Saviel
26 September 2010