Creme patissiere (Pastry cream)
The french recipe of this delicious cream is well known and very loved from not only confectioners but everyday people too.Is not difficult to make if you know the tricks and is enjoyable with fruits and used in many desserts.
The traditional crème pâtissière usually has vanilla but there are many alternatives such as with roses ,rum,chocolate,fruits and coffee.
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 gr. Sugar
- orange zest (optional)
- 30 gr flour
- 250 ml milk
- rum or liqueur of your choice(It is very nice with coffee or mint )
- Beat the eggs with the sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add the orange zest ,the flour ,the warm milk (spoon by spoon stirring gently at the same time )and the liqueur ,rum or the fruit puree that you desire.
- Place the egg mixture over medium heat and stir until boiling.
- When it boils, stir the mixture constantly until it becomes very thick and it is hard to stir.
- While stirring the mixture will cool slightly and will avoid forming crust.
- Keep it refrigerated (up to 3 days) if you do not use immediately.
- Beat before using to get rid of any lumps that may have formed.