Five Ways to Whiten Teeth at Home
published by April R. on Jul 26, 2012
Most of these items are already in the average person’s house. They are also cheap and easy to use.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is the safest way to whiten teeth. To do this, you take one spoonful of baking soda, and about half a spoonful of water (more or less, depending on how long you’ve had the baking soda). Mix these until they reach a paste-like consistency. Put it on your toothbrush and brush your teeth like you normally would. Note: Baking soda doesn’t taste very good, so if you can’t handle the taste of it, you can sprinkle a little bit over your everyday toothpaste and brush with that. If you still can’t handle it, you could try another method.
- Strawberries: You can take one strawberry and mash it until it reaches a paste consistency. If you need to, you can add water to it to get to have the right texture. When it has been mashed up enough, you can put it on your toothbrush and brush like you normally do. Another way to do this is to cut the strawberry in half and just rub it on your teeth, then leave it to sit on your teeth for one minute before rinsing with water.
- Peroxide: You can use this the same way you would use a mouthwash by swishing it through your teeth for one to two minutes. Spit it out when you’ve done so and rinse your mouth with water. Be sure not to swallow it. This also doesn’t taste too great, but you can always brush your teeth with toothpaste when you’re done to get rid of the taste.
- Lemon Juice: Mix up a small amount of half lemon juice, half water. A good measurement for this would be one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of water. You also use this as a mouthwash. Swish it around in your mouth for thirty seconds to one minute. Spit it out and rinse with water.
- Whitening Toothpaste and Whitening Strips: Instead of plain toothpaste, grab one that contains whitening agents in it. The toothpaste should be featuring the word “Whitening”. As for whitening strips, the best strips are Crest Whitening Strips. They have extremely good reviews from users.
- When having a dark beverage, such as soda, juice, coffee, tea, etc., try to drink through a straw. This will keep the liquids from touching and staining your teeth.
- Don’t use any of these methods more than twice a week. Using these daily can wear down your enamel. Twice a week is safe.
- Some of these take once use for small results and others take up to a month for amazing results.