How to Make a Lowfat Yogurt Smoothie
published by NaomiR on Oct 24, 2009
Smoothies are great for breakfast, lunch, dessert or just as a healthy snack. This smoothie recipe is extremely thick and rich, but also low in calories — and it’s really easy to make.
- 1 cup frozen fruit (i.e. peaches, strawberries, blueberries, etc. I especially like peaches and strawberries because they add a lot of texture)
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free yogurt (vanilla and berry flavors work best; try to stay away from flavors like coffee or lemon, which are very strong)
- Crushed ice (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, mash up the frozen fruit. I like to use the pulse function and gradually chop it (it’s frozen so you don’t want to break the blade!) and then blend it more smoothly as it softens.
- Add the banana; continue to blend.
- Add the yogurt; continue to blend until everything is thoroughly mixed together and at the desired thickness. Add ice, if you wish to adjust the thickness.
Makes 2 servings