Orange-maple Glazed Chicken
Prep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
Yield: six Servings.
A teaspoon. The length is about 14 cm. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
25 10 35 Ingredients
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and orange peel. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with orange juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts 1 chicken breast half equals 240 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.