Award Winning Wings??
Mahogany style wing recipe entered into Chicken Wing Recipe Contest.
I’d like to share my Mahogany Style Wing recipe with y’all. It’s sweet like a teriyaki wing with a little bit of heat. They’re delicious and great for all chicken wing lovers! A little bit of heat for the hot wing lovers but a little bit of sweet for those that aren’t big into hot wings. Great for parties, get together’s, cook outs, dinner, etc.
This recipe can also be used for chicken breasts instead of wings. Marinate the same way but be sure to adjust your cooking time and temp accordingly.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split and tips discarded (About 14 wings)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Place chicken in a shallow, medium dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, molasses, chili sauce, ground ginger root and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour, turning occasionally. The longer you can marinate it, the better. I marinate overnight but 1 hour is sufficient.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 50 minutes, brushing with remaining soy sauce mixture often and turning once, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.