Bacon & Rosemary Chicken
Simple ingredients add up to simply fantastic flavor in this fast recipe that our taste panel just raved about. It’s likely to become a new family favorite at your house.
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 2 Servings
20 10 30 Ingredients
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to the skillet; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts 1 chicken breast half equals 313 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.