An authentic, full-flavored chicken laksa recipe that can be made, as hot or mild as you like, in just a few short minutes.
Chicken Laksa Image by Author
Because laksa pastes vary in heat intensity between brands you may need to adjust the amount used to better suit your preferences. We will use already cooked barbecue chicken with this recipe, as it is certainly much quicker, left-over barbecue chicken will also do just fine.
Chicken Laksa Ingredients:
- 250g of Chang’s Dried Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- Boiling Water (for the Noodles)
- 1 Splash of Olive Oil
- ½ Cup of Laksa Paste
- 400ml of Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- ½ Of a Large Barbecued Chicken
- 150g of Snow Peas
- Bean Sprouts (to serve, optional)
- Fresh Coriander (to garnish, optional)
- Rinse, trim and thinly slice the snow peas, rinse the bean sprouts, if using, rinse and tear the coriander leaves, if using, remove any skin, bones and excess fat from the barbecued chicken and then shred the chicken meat.
- Place the Chang’s dried rice vermicelli noodles into a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes or until tender, then using a fork, separate the noodles, drain and set aside.
- Heat a splash or two of olive oil in a wok or large saucepan over a medium heat, add the laksa paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and the chicken stock and bring to the boil before adding the shredded barbecued chicken meat and the snow peas.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the snow peas become bright green and tender and the chicken meat is heated through. Serve when ready.
To serve; divide the noodles between bowls, ladle over the chicken laksa, top with bean sprouts, garnish with the torn coriander and serve.