Chicken Tikka Masala Curry Recipe : Easy and Tasty
Easy yet tasty chicken tikka masala curry recipe. Make from scratch to make a wonderful curry dish.
I love Indian food, whatever it may be. Curries are unique because no one curry will taste the same as another, which is what makes having a curry so enjoyable. Only today did I make a chicken tikka masala for my close family, and that is the curry I am going to share with you today. I have read many recipe books and recipes online, and over time, have combined them all to make this chicken tikka recipe that I’m going to share with you. I really hope you enjoy it.
Image via Wikipedia
- 4 large chicken breasts, preferably free range, but of course this depends on budget really.
- 1 chili
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 large onions
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Chicken tikka masala paste
- 400 ml tin of coconut milk
- Vegetable oil
- Coconut flakes
- Salt and pepper
Recipe for Chicken Tikka:
1. After washing hands, cut the chicken into slices to your liking, and wash hands again.
2. On a different work surface and using a different knife, chop the 2 onions, the chili, the ginger, and finely chop the coriander stalks. The leaves can be used to season if required.
3. In a large pan, heat the oil and a small amount of butter on a high heat. Add the onion, chili, ginger and coriander stalks, as well as some salt and pepper. Fry for about 8 minutes or until they are soft.
4. Add in the chicken and about 3 tablespoons of the tikka masala paste. Mix the mixture together so that the paste covers the onions, chili, and ginger.
5. Add in the tin of chopped tomatoes and the coconut milk. Fill the tin of coconut milk with water and add to the mixture. Mix together and bring to the boil on a high heat.
6. Once it has reached boiling point, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmering level. You now need to leave this for 20-25 minutes, but checking it regularly and stirring.
7. After this time, check that the chicken is cooked – this is important – if it’s not done, leave it a bit longer. If the mixture dries out, add a little more water.
Image via Wikipedia
That’s it. Just make sure you have a glass of water at hand because the heat builds up as you eat it. I hope you enjoy your chicken tikka masala curry! Mine was lovely and I personally served it with vegetable rice as I think it is really tasty. I will be posting more recipes soon!