Easy Baked Chicken Legs
Even the most inexperienced cook can prepare these tasty flavor filled baked chicken legs. This is my go to meal when I can’t stand in the kitchen for hours.
Though I’m usually only cooking for 2 I prefer cooking in several servings so that I can make lunch for my husband to take to work. He loves this chicken with mashed potatoes or rice. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too!
2.5 lbs of chicken legs
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Complete Seasoning/Adobo/Salt (Your Preference!)
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Water
1/4 tsp Cumin (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Add butter to the pan and place it in the oven to melt while you clean the chicken.
- Remember to wash your hands after cleaning the chicken!
- Season the chicken liberally with the rest of the ingredients (except water).
- Place chicken in the pan, add water, and cover with foil tightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil from pan and turn chicken legs over, baste with drippings.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Turn chicken over and baste with drippings again.
- Bake 30 minutes longer or until done.
You’ll notice that my last photo contains peppers & onions. I usually add them during the last 15 minutes of baking for great color. This step is completely optional that’s why I didn’t add them to the list of ingredients or directions.
If you enjoy this recipe please let me know! Also let me know if you make any alterations! I love trying new things.
Here’s my husband’s lunch for tomorrow!