How to Bake Jamaican Jerk Chicken
published by daring104 on Oct 3, 2009
Want to taste Jamaican, spicy, jerk chicken but its winter time so you can’t get the grill out. What to do? Jerk in your oven my recipe will help you taste sweet jerk chicken without the smoke.
- a whole chicken
- 3 tsp allspice
- 1 scotch bonnet or habanero
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all the seasons into a food processor. Mix all the ingredients-allspice, chopped scotch bonnet pepper, brown sugar, dried thyme, chopped onion, chopped green onion , minced garlic cinnamon, nutmeg, soy sauce- until everything is completely together.
- Cut chicken into four pieces. Separate the thighs and the breasts.
In a large bowl place the chicken in and spread the marinate over it. Rub the mixture into the chicken with your hands. Leave for 15 minutes or over night to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350degrees F (175 C). Place chicken skin down and let it bake for 1 hour 20 minutes until no longer pink near the bone. Turn the oven on to broil, and cook until the skin crisps, 2 to 5 minutes.