Indian Chicken Dum Biryani
In India, Chicken Biryani is one famous non-vegetarian dish which is consumed all over the country. Find out the recipe to prepare the Indian Chicken Dum Biryani.
Receipe for Chicken Dum Biryani
Chicken, Ghee or Oil, Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Garam Masala Powder, Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Salt, Tomato, Coriander Leaves, Rice, Black Cardamoms, Green Cardamom, Cinnamon and Cloves.
- Wash 1 kg of chicken and set aside to drain.
- Heat Ghee or Oil (about 1 cup) in a pan over a moderate heat.
- Slice 2 onions and fry it on pan till it is brown. Remove onions from pan, drain it and set aside for garnish.
- Remove half the oil from the pan and return to moderate heat. Add minced onions, ginger and garlic to the pan. Cook in a low heat for 3 minutes to blend it.
- Once blended, add chicken, 1 tblsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tblsp turmeric powder, 2 tblsp black pepper powder and 1.5 tblsp salt.
- Stir and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes, make sure it does not stick to the pan.
- Reduce the heat and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes till the water released from the chicken is almost absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup minced coriander leaves and 1 minced tomato, and then cooks for about 5 minutes.
- Wash rice and soak in water for about 15 minutes. Then drain the rice, add to pan with whole spices. Stir till rice turns translucent. Then mix 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pan and put a weight on lid.
- Steam cook the rice in a moderate low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes till water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Garnish with fried onions.
- Serve hot.
Method by Bangalore Folks