Roast Chicken with Tanglad
published by sufilman on Apr 22, 2009
A great tasting, roasted chicken with lemon grass herb.
This recipe is blended with tanglad leaves (lemon grass in Filipino) which gives its savory tastes. Smells great too! It can be done within 50 minutes and it makes up to 6 servings.
- 1 kilo whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 bundles ‘tanglad’ (lemon grass) leaves
- Clean the chicken under running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the chicken with rock salt inside and out and then season with black pepper and soy sauce.
- Pound the white portion of the ‘tanglad’ leaves, so that its juices are released and its flavor permeates the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with tanglad.
- Cook the chicken in a turbo broiler at 375˚F for 45 minutes. Enjoy!