Cheese, Ham and Onion Frittata
published by Christina88 on Jan 5, 2011
Cheese, Ham and Onion Frittata.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion,sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, like thyme or dill
- 1 cup grated Swiss or cheddar cheese
- Position oven rack about eight inches from broiler and set to broil. Melt Butter in a nonstick oven proof skillet over med. heat. Add onions, and season with a half teaspoon of salt and some pepper.
- Cook,stirring occasionally, until onions get soft, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk in a bowl with remaining salt and pepper until smooth. Transfer onions, ham, herbs and cheese into eggs. Reheat skillet. Pour mixture into pan and stir to arrange fillings evenly. Cook, stirring a few times in the first minutes. Then let mixture cook undisturbed until just the bottom sets, about five minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and broil until eggs are set and brown on top, about five minutes. Remove from oven, cover and let cool for five minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature makes six servings.
<a href=”http://www.addme.com/submission/free-submission-start.php”>Search Engine Submission – AddMe</a>