Simple Egg Omelet with an Italian Spin
published by 5seconds on Jul 16, 2011
Simple Egg Omelet with an Italian Spin.
Recipe for preparing Simple Egg Omelet with an Italian Spin.
- 2T butter
- 1T tallow
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1T milk
- 1T cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato, chopped
- 1t basil, dried or fresh
- 1t lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Heat up a medium sized round frying pan over low-medium heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- Once the pan is hot, add the butter and tallow into the pan.
- As that is melting, combine the milk and cream with the eggs.
- Poor the egg mixture into the melted butter/tallow so that it starts to cook as a round circle (omelet). If the omelet starts to cook too fast, turn down the heat.
- As the omelet is cooking, chop up the mozzarella and tomato.
- Sprinkle salt evenly across the cooking omelet.
- Once the omelet looks 3/4 done, add the cheese, tomato, and basil.
- Watch carefully. As the omelet looks almost done, flip one side over the other with a spatula, folding the egg circle in half.
- Allow it to cook for another half second or so, then proceed to remove and plate.
- Once plated, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and lightly drizzle olive oil evenly across the omelet.