Steak Au Poivre
Try this for your next meal!
Steak Au Poivre Yield: 4
- 4 Steak, (5 to 6 oz fillet mignons)
- Salt, as required
- Black Pepper, as required
- 2 tbsp Pepper Corns
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil, (sunflower or corn oil)
- 2 tbsp Brandy
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- Parsley, (for garnish), chopped
1. Season the steaks on both sides with salt. Crush the pepper corns and spread them on a plate.Coat the steaks with the pepper corns.
2. Melt the butter with the oil in a skillet. When the butter is foaming, add the steaks and cook overhigh heat for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Lower the heat and continue cooking until the steaks are to your liking: rare steaks need 1 ~ 2minutes on each side, medium steaks need 3 minutes on each side, and well-done steaks need
4 ~ 5 minutes on each side. Lift out of the skillet and keep warm.