Fishy Truth About The Seafood You Eat
You need to know the facts about the seafood you are eating these days, especially fish you order in restaurants!
Have you ever wondered if the seafood you are eating is really what you are told it is????
Well it might not really be Atlantic Cod or Red Snapper, at all. It could be a renamed fish that tastes sort of like the fish stated. Ask the waiter see if he/she knows. Bet they don’t. But the chef does so ask if someone can tell you what you are eating and prove it!
here are some facts to know about seafood these days:
1. A study in 2011 conducted by Johns Hopkins researchers found antibiotics in all fish tested during the seafood study.
2. Seafood from Asian countries does not have to pass FDAA standards to be sold in America and most Asian countries use chemicals in their fish and seafood ‘farms’.
3. The 3 fish found to have substitutes for the “Real” thing are — Red Snapper, Atlantic Cod, and ‘wild’ Salmon (which is not so ‘wild’).
4. Today much of the salmon we are eating is genetically engineered (yuk), better do some research on canned and fresh salmon you buy and then eat!
5. Eating oysters and clams may compromise people with deprived or impaired immune systems, due to the high bacteria count being found in these ocean creatures we love to devour!
I love fish, but now I ask where it comes from when I eat out and I think twice about which fish to order.