Scallops in Creole Vermouth Cream Sauce
This quick and easy recipe makes it look like you’ve slaved away…when really you haven’t. Makes four appetizer servings or two main course servings.
1 lb of medium-sized fresh sea scallops
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp of prepackaged Creole seasoning
½ cup whipping cream
¼ c. dry vermouth
2 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp of flour
Freshly chopped chives
1. Season flour with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge scallops in seasoned flour.
3. Melt butter in a non-stick skillet and add scallops; cook for three to five minutes or until scallops are white and mildly charred.
4. Remove scallops from skillet.
5. Add vermouth to skillet, stirring well.
6. Bring vermouth to a boil for three minutes or until reduced by half.
7. Stir in whipping cream and Creole seasoning.
8. Add scallops back to the skillet and reduce heat to low; gently simmer for five minutes.
9. Serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped chives.