How to Make Stuffed Capsicum
published by K.Reshma on Jul 27, 2009
This is a home made recipe and children and grownups will love it.
- Take 6 to 7 medium sized capsicum
- Onions – ¼ cup
- Take 2 spoon of finely cut steamed vegetables
- (potato, peas, carrot, cabbage, cauliflower,
- Beans and carrot)
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Green chilli paste -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder- ¾ tsps
- Salt as required
- Bengal gram flour – 1 ½ tbl. Sps.
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbl. Sp.
- Oil for frying
- Wash and cut capsicum half horizontally
- Extract all the seeds and pith.
- Dip in boiling salt water for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take 2 tsp oil in a vessel and fry it till crispy.
- Add red chilli powder, garam malsala and green chilli paste
- Now mix all the steamed vegetables, turmeric powder and keep on frying it till all the moisture is reduced.
- Add salt and roasted cumin powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and Squeeze lime and stuff this filling in capsicum.
- Pat well and coat it coat it with a thick paste of Bengal gram flour on top.
- Shallow fry these capsicum by arranging it properly on a low flame. Cover the lid. Turn it carefully so as not to break and fry on all the sides, can add more oil if needed and serve hot with tomato ketchup.