Instant Kimchi – Baechu Gotchori
published by silentzef on May 13, 2011
Kimchi features a mixture of vegetables, salted sauce, hot pepper and garlic well treated to create unique flavors. Kimchi represents one of the basic dishes for
- Celery cabbage : 1 lb (450 g)
- Salt : 5 tbs
- Green onion, chopped : 2 tbs
- Garlic, chopped : 1 tb
- Ginger, chopped : 1/2 tb
- Hot pepper powder : 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce : 1 tb
- Sugar : 2 tbs
- Salted baby shrimps, chopped : 1 tb (available in Korean stores)
- Sesame seed, roasted : 1 ts
- Sesame oil : 1/2 ts
- Take off the cabbage leaves one by one and wash them thoroughly. Sprinkle salt evenly and set aside 30 minutes.
- Chop the salted baby shrimps, green onion, garlic, and ginger finely.
- Wash the salted cabbage leaves and drain them well. Tear them lengthwise in proper size by hands.
- Put all seasonings in a bowl. Mix them well by hand, using rubber gloves. Add the torn leaves and mix them well together.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl. Serve with rice or any dish.