Baked Ham W/ Honey Chipotle Glaze
Prep: 10 min. Bake: two hours + standing
Yield: 16 Servings.
- Prep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- Yield: 16 Servings
10 120 130 Ingredients
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the ginger ale, brown sugar, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for sauce.
- Baste ham with some of the remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with additional glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts 6 ounces cooked ham with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 394 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,579 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.