Easy Crock Pot Chili
First let me tell you, we moms never have time. And our families expect miracles sometimes. My husband works long hours and he loves chili on a cold winter morning here in Wyoming. But I’m not the world’s greatest cook so he makes the chili and stews most of the time. When his hours increased, I couldn’t bear knowing he worked all the time and never got the things he wanted. This is something I got from lack of time remedies.
- 1 large can pork and beans
- 2.5 lbs beef (browned and drained)
- 1 large can pinto beans (optional)
- 1 large can Vegetable or Tomato juice ( I use vegetable for the flavor)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- Chili powder, pepper, salt and onion powder
I mix all these in crock pot and let simmer for an hour (or longer if you want but an hour is great. My husband has no idea its not the real take forever chili he makes and everyone is happy getting there chili once a week or so in the winter.