Grandma Walsh’s Shepard’s Pie
published by Chris Stonecipher on Oct 10, 2008
My grandma used to make this delicious pie when we were kids.
- 3 cups of cooked hamburger
- 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
- ½ cup of diced onions
- ½ cup of diced celery
- 3 cups of gravy
- 3 ½ cups of mashed potatoes
- Season all ingredients to taste.
- Arrange the fresh cooked meat in a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Add partially cooked well drained veggies.
- Add the fresh made gravy and mix lightly to coat all the meat and vegetables.
- Spread the meat mixture with mashed potatoes.
- Spread with a fork and drizzle some butter on the top.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until lightly browned.
I recommend another delicious recipe by Lauren Axelrod: Twice Baked Potato Casserole
This one is by Jo Oliver: Bread Pudding