How to Cook Duck
How to Cook Duck.
Ducks are typically aquatic birds and are mostly smaller than geese and swans. They can be found in fresh water as well as sea water. Ducks can also be found domesticated or in the wild and is a favorite at formal functions such as state dinners. It can be served roast, cooked or shredded as sandwich filler. There are several duck recipes but the recipe for which I shall give directions is preparation of duck in orange sauce; a traditional French dish which is as rich as it is delicious.
The required ingredients for preparing duck in orange sauce include:
- A couple of duck breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Eight tablespoons of soy sauce
- Four squeezed oranges to produce juice
- 6 ounces of white wine and
- 6 ounces of chicken stock
The following is the procedure for preparing the duck in orange sauce
1. Season or marinate the breasts using salt and freshly ground pepper then put aside on a platter or tray.
2. Squeeze the oranges and in a pan then mix the juice, wine, stock and orange zest then boil. If you’d like a slightly sweeter taste, add 3 tablespoons of sugar.
3.In another frying pan, let the duck cook for about 10-12 minutes with the skin-side down; the duck will then be medium cooked. Leave for longer if you like it well done. Remove all the fat and add some soy sauce.
4. Turn the other side of the duck cook it for about ten minutes on top of the stove but with the heat turned off. Cover the duck with soy sauce using a spoon.
5. After this rest period, cut up the duck breasts lengthwise into half and place the four pieces on the pan with the decreased orange sauce. Heat it gently on a low flame until it is completely warmed up. When the sauce is decreased, check the thickness of the sauce.
6. Place the duck breasts on a tray and pour some sauce over them.
7. In order to fully enjoy the meal with the orange sauce, serve it immediately it is ready. It is a rich meal that only requires steamed vegetables to complete the dish. You can add some parsley for garnish in order to add color to its orange and brown color.