This is a simple way to make a pomodoro sauce. Pomodoro sauce is similar to marinara sauce but is a little thicker and less chunky.
This is a simple way to make a pomodoro sauce. Pomodoro sauce is similar to marinara sauce but is a little thicker and less chunky. The sauce can be use for pasta as well as with chicken or beef. Hope you will like it.
1. 1 head/bulb of garlics
2. 1 large can of tomato puree
3. 1 medium size onion
4. 2 slabs of Bacon
5. 1 can of chicken stock
1. Fry the bacon at low heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon and save the bacon fat.
2. Fine chop 1 clove of garlic and dice the onion. Sautee the onion and garlic in bacon fat in medium-low heat.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the onion-garlic mixture, cover the pan, and let the onion sweat for about 5 minute under low heat.
4. Add a can of chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pan.
5. Add a large can of tomoato puree.
6. Fine chop basil and add to the mixture, stir, and bring sauce to a boil.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Let sauce simmer under low heat without cover for 15-30min to thicken the sauce.