Slow-cooked Pork & Beans
Prep: 25 min. Cook: six hours
Yield: 12 Servings.
- Prep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- Yield: 12 Servings
25 360 385 Ingredients
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts 3/4 cup equals 319 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Keep Onion Handy
I keep a peeled onion in a glass jar in my refrigerator. It’s handy when I need a small amount of chopped onion for a recipe or my husband wants a slice of onion on his hamburger. It stays fresh in the jar, eliminating waste. —Dorothy G., Tewksbury, Massachusetts