These meatballs are traditional Swedish style and are great with lefsa.
- 1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound pork
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. In bowl, soak bread crumbs with milk 5 minutes.
2. Combine meats, egg, onion and spices with bread crumbs.
3. Shape into small balls.
4. Sauté in butter until done.
5. Remove meatballs.
6. ADD: 2 tablespoons flour to drippings. Stir until blended.
7. ADD: 3/4 cup water and 1 beef bouillon cube. Bring to boil. Stir until smooth.
8. ADD: 3/4 cup milk. Simmer 3 minutes.
9. Add meatballs to sauce and coat well.
10. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Dinner: Serve with mashed potatoes and lefse and all the fixings (gravy, corn, peas, melted butter).