30 Minute Skillet Lasagna
A family favorite dish with the flavor of lasagna yet can be made in half the time and with half the calories.
We are all so busy with work and family, that when we find a great recipe for a delicious 30 minute dinner, we jump for joy. This Lasagna recipe has all the flavor of a lasagna dinner, but can be prepared in half the time.
1 jar of marinara sauce
3 cups of water
8 oz lasagna noodles
1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage with casing removed
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 oz parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 cup fresh whole milk ricotta cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ tsp ground black pepper
Extra grated parmesan cheese as topping
1. Combine sauce and water in (12-in) Skillet. Cover; bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, wrap noodles in clean kitchen towel and break crosswise into quarters. Stir noodles into sauce. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 16-18 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. As noodles cook, place sausage into (10-in) Skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Add pressed garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir sausage into noodles and sauce.
4. Meanwhile, grate Parmesan cheese. Chop parsley; set aside 1 tbsp. parsley for garnish. Combine cheeses, remaining parsley and black pepper in Bowl. Scoop cheese mixture over noodles. Cover Skillet and simmer gently 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and ricotta mixture is heated through.
5. To serve, sprinkle lasagna with reserved parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings