How to Cook Spaghetti – Filipino Style!
This article teaches you how to cook spaghetti the Filipino way. It is a quick and easy meal to make. Make a big batch of spaghetti for the whole family! Spaghetti is also a good idea to bring to a potluck or party.
How to Cook Spaghetti – FILIPINO Style!
What is the Philippine way of cooking spaghetti? Firstly, it is sweeter than the western style spaghetti. Secondly, it contains more sauce and is not “chunky”. And it almost always includes diagonally sliced hotdog as one of the ingredients.
Here are the ingredients for the Spaghetti:
Hotdogs, sliced diagonally
Spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce
Optional: cheddar cheese – grated
Procedure on How to Cook the Filipino Spaghetti:
1. Cook the spaghetti al dente (still firm to the bite). Be careful not to overcook the spaghetti.
2. Drain the spaghetti and set aside.
3. Saute the chopped onions and garlic.
4. Add the ground beef and cook until the beef turns brown.
5. Add the diagonally sliced hotdogs. Cook until fragrant and golden brown.
6. Next add the spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce. Let it boil and add more water if necessary.
7. Add sugar, salt and pepper.
8. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
9. Your sauce is done! Pour the sauce into the drained spaghetti and mix well.
10. Top with grated cheddar cheese.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy your spaghetti!
Check out these other easy recipes too!