A very tasty pasta for a quick little snack at lunchtime. Please leave comments telling me what you thought. It would be very much appreciated.
- 12oz pasta (your own choice)
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 4oz smoked bacon (diced)
- 2oz sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 12 black olives (pitted and halved)
- 4oz chestnut mushrooms (diced)
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 small glass of dry sherry
- small carton of double cream
- fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese
Fry the ONIONS in the OLIVE OIL and the GARLIC until they are soft. Add the PEPPERS, BACON, TOMATOES and MUSHROOMS. Simmer till cooked. Add the SHERRY and OLIVES and simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste. Remove from the heat, stir in the CREAM and the torn up BASIL LEAVES. Serve with the cooked PASTA and grated PARMESAN CHEESE. Also serve with ciabatta bread and green salad.